Why You Should Give
Too many BC children living in foster care are in the dark, waiting for someone to reach out and be the light that shows them they do belong; that they do matter.
Every donation is an investment in healing their minds and hearts. Your gift today invests in their future. Your gift today says to these kids “You matter!”
There are a number of ways to make a donation to SOS Children’s Village BC, and every donation makes a difference. Whether you are contributing regularly or making a one-time personal donation, supporting a corporate program that contributes to SOS BC, you are doing something about children in care.
Just like personal financial planning is an investment in your future, consider your donation to SOS BC an investment in a child’s future.
Help us shine a light on kids who want us to believe in them.
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGE BC HAS ALWAYS LED
- We are a leader in developing a better model of care, separate from the provincial system – setting the standard for the care of foster children and youth in British Columbia
- We help the most vulnerable and least visible children in our society
- The state of foster care is “a North American epidemic”, as SOS International Foster Awards winner Tom Watson put it
- Our goal is to fundamentally improve child and youth welfare in BC
- We are the only SOS Village in Canada and are proud of bringing international best practices for the care of children to British Columbia
- We are financially autonomous from SOS Children’s Villages Canada
- We only receive 12% of our funding from the provincial government, receive no federal support, and rely on donations from caring individuals like you
Make a special gift to honour the memory of a loved one, or on behalf of someone special in your life to celebrate their noteworthy occasion.
The easiest and most cost-effective way to show your ongoing support is to join our SOS Village Rose Club.
DONATE BY PHONE
Contact our office at (604) 574-2964 and we will be happy to process your donation.
The Canada Revenue Agency does not apply capital gains tax on donations of publicly traded securities.
Show your support by getting your company involved through corporate giving.
It’s easy and fun to create a Facebook fundraiser for your birthday and 100% of the donation amounts go to SOS BC, no fees.
The SOS Children’s Village Thrift Store Foundation welcome donations of clean, gently used articles for resale.
A treasure trove of gently used items, from clothes and sporting goods, to books and collectibles, and distinctive household pieces, all at bargain prices.
Utilize our peer to peer fundraising website and get your own personalized fundraising page! Get creative and then share the link with friends & family.
A personal message from SOS Children’s Village BC foster parent Tamara, filmed for our COVID crisis campaign. Join our cause today and make a difference in the lives of caregivers and children in care!
“Society doesn’t seem to care about those left behind, we just turn a blind eye to it. And that’s why these children have been forgotten. Unless you have gone through this yourself, many have no compassion for these children who have done absolutely nothing wrong.”