Volunteering is an enriching experience in so many ways with plenty of benefits. Every day volunteers across Canada devote countless time and effort to make our communities better places to live.
When you become part of the SOS Children’s Village BC team you have an opportunity to:
- Support a cause you truly believe in
- Apply your skills and learn some new ones
- Meet new people make new friends and develop professional contacts
- Feel the personal satisfaction of helping others
- Make a difference in your own community
The rewards are as unique and personal as your reasons for wanting to volunteer.
STILL NOT CONVINCED? WELL, CONSIDER THIS
Volunteering is good for your health! Did you know that volunteering is good for you and will help you in the path of being a happier and healthier person? An Ontario study on the health benefits of volunteering reveals that it “not only improves self-esteem and combats social isolation but also reduces the impact of stress on the body lowering blood pressure and even bolstering the immune system” and YES it is also a benefit to the community and makes the world a better place.
According to Harvard cardiologist Herbert Benson the health benefits of doing good things for others are similar to those experienced by anyone who practices yoga spirituality and meditation namely a slowing down of the heart rate and a decrease in blood pressure. The key may lie in the sense of calmness that comes from helping others also known as the “helper’s high”.
- Our sister organization, SOS Children’s Village Thrift Store Foundation, requires sorters and pricers
- Board of Directors
- Committees (events, marketing, public speaking)
- Drivers for pickups and deliveries (paid mileage)
- Office support
APPLY ONLINE NOW
Please note there are no opportunities for volunteers to work with the foster kids in our Village. But we would certainly appreciate your help with our charity’s other important activities!