I ♥ SOS BC
February is all about LOVE – and for a lot of foster children and youth, life is not always hearts and flowers. Here at SOS BC, the entire month of February 2020 is dedicated to helping you make a difference for foster kids. Be the change! Be our Valentine! Have some fun on behalf of SOS Children’s Village BC and spread the word!
We are promoting your I ♥ SOS BC fundraising events on our website and social media throughout February. This is a great opportunity to raise money and awareness to help SOS Children’s Village BC foster kids in ways that are fun, engaging, family-friendly, and creative. The rules? If it’s easy to do, legal, and doesn’t require life insurance … go for it!
We have some prizes for different categories! Free website and social media listing of your event! Our 2020 goal is $25,000, including 100 new monthly donors. If you are slipping on your New Year’s Resolution, this is the perfect time to sign up as a monthly donor: this is one resolution that can’t fail, and it helps kids every single day all year.
15 lucky people will be invited to visit our Village for a welcome and thank you event. Requirements are that you have to raise at least $500 with your event, so remember to register it with the form below. Invitations will be in order of registration, limit 2 people per event.
SOME IDEAS FOR FUNDRAISING … FEEL FREE TO CREATE YOUR OWN I ♥ SOS BC EVENT
- How many Monthly Donors can you sign up in your family? Your office? Your club?
- February birthday? Ask for donations as gifts!
- “Latte Love” – donate the cost of your lattes for the month!
- Love poetry competition
- Valentine-making event
- Percentage of your company or team sales for the day or month
- Donation match-making (friends and family matching donations challenge)
- Valentine party
- Club nights (quilting/sewing, language clubs, meet-ups, folk dancing, etc)
- Bridge tournament or bingo night
- Board game marathon
- Valentine bake sale
- Sing-alongs and jam sessions
- Pub night
- Purdy’s Chocolate fundraising
- Neighbourhood gatherings such as traveling dinners, valentine’s party
- School based events (bake sales, sports, coin & bottle drives)
- Jumble sales and garage sales
- Costume party or home fashion show
- Irish coffee or tea parties
- Wine or whisky tastings
- Dance marathons
- Office collections & company donations
- Start an SOS Children’s Club at your school and hold your first fundraiser
- Toonie Toss
- Karaoke Party
- Travelling dinner
- Lunar New Year party
- Office mini-golf tournament
LIST OF PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Western Coast Insurance Services Book Sale/Bake Sale
Drop by Western Coast Insurance Services starting February 3rd until February 29th to check our their book sale in support of SOS Children’s Village BC! You’ll find adult fiction and children’s books, DVDs, puzzles, and games. The delicious bake sales will take place every Wednesday of the month.
Western Coast is co-located with Coast Capital Savings on 152nd Street and 18th Avenue in South Surrey. The Semiahmoo branch address is 103-1797 152nd Street, Surrey, BC, V4A 4N3.
Office hours are as follows:
Monday: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m
Every book purchaser gets a special bookmark as a thanks for supporting foster kids and youth in need!
Interact Bubble Tea Sale for SOS BC
The Interact Club at Mulgrave School is hosting a one time bubble tea sale on February 27th where students and faculty can either RSVP their drinks or buy in person. They have a bubble tea shop that has provided a large discount on their drinks in support of this initiative.
They will also be selling reusable straws to increase fundraising and to promote environmental awareness. They may host another sale like this in the coming months and will hopefully be selling the straws throughout the year.
What a great event!
Krispy Kreme Sale by North Delta Secondary Students
Got a craving for sweets? Or maybe looking for a gift for someone? Drop by the Pacific Flying Club at 4-4335 Skeena Street in Delta to support this fundraiser organized by students from North Delta Secondary School! Only happening on February 28th! All proceeds support SOS Children’s Village BC programs for children in care and youth in need.