The Aftercare Program was designed and put forth by one of the four major pillars of the organization: Permanency. SOS Children’s Village BC has made a commitment to ensure youth who have aged out of care and are involved with any of our youth programming services, are always in touch and have somewhere to turn if/should they need any support. Our model of care is based on lifelong engagement.
We want our youth to be healthy and doing well in their own lives, but should any youth face challenges, SOS BC wants to be a place for them to turn. Aftercare youth are entitled to all the supports in our Transition to Adulthood Program, and are introduced to the idea of mentoring youth who have had similar hardships, creating a sense of belonging and community.
OTHER PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES AND SERVICES
Youth in all of our programs also have access to therapeutic support and cognitive training including:
- Trauma Informed Counselling
- Neurofeedback Training
- Arts and Expressive Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
OTHER PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES
- Music Lessons
- Academic Support
- Volunteer and Mentorship
- A hot meal when meeting with our youth workers
- Access to funding opportunities to help with school and living costs
- Referrals to neighboring organizations that help youth