SOS Children’s Village Thrift Store Foundation
How you can help in a practical way
Donations only accepted during store hours due to vandalism and theft.
The Kerrisdale location of the SOS Children’s Village Thrift Store Foundation welcomes donations of clean, gently used articles for resale including the following:
- Family clothing, shoes and accessories: men’s, women’s, children’s, and infant’s
- Household goods: dishes, linens, ornaments, pictures, etc
- Books, CDs, tapes, records
- Stationery & greeting cards
- Quality collectibles: china, antiques, artworks, jewellery, and ornaments.
- Costumes and formal wear
- Seasonal decorations: Christmas, Easter, Hallowe’en, St. Patrick’s, Chinese New Year
- Sporting goods
- Small tools and hardware
- Surplus inventory from wholesale/retail businesses
Treasure Collections - Your church, school, workplace, or social club could greatly assist SOS Children’s Village Thrift Store Foundation by sponsoring a treasure collection of clothing, books, or household items!
All proceeds go to support our work with children in foster care.
Thanks - But No Thanks:
Unfortunately, though we appreciate the thought, the Kerrisdale store cannot accept the following:
- plastic containers
- mattresses / beds (double / queen / king)
- sofa beds
- computers / printers / scanners, etc.
- ski equipment / skis
- car seats / cribs / high chairs / strollers
- microwaves / kitchen appliances
- industrial materials / paint and dangerous goods
- light fixtures